The Clayton Art Walk is a collaboration of artists and local businesses in a collective celebration of the visual arts. Local artists display and/or demonstrate their art at participating venues throughout the village. The weekly walking tour will be held on Thursday evenings in July and August.
2019 Art Walk Dates:
Every Thursday in July & August from 5:00 to 8:00pm
July 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th and August 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th
How It Works
- Venues must register online by June 15, 2019. Artists may register on an ongoing basis. You must register to participate.
- Artists must contact registered venues and arrange for their work to be displayed. Art Walk does not pair artists and venues.
- Artists and venues are free to negotiate their own terms (if there is a commission on sales, who processes payments, etc.).
- Artists and venues are strongly encouraged to promote each other and the Clayton Art Walk on social media.
- Participating venues must host artists ALL NINE Thursdays in July and August from 5:00 to 8:00pm. Venues can host a different artist each week or the same artist. The artist can display/demonstrate their work either inside or outside the venue.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I register as an artist or venue?
Go to our website home page, click on "register" and follow the instructions. You just need to email us with basic information such as your name, website, phone number, etc. It's that easy.
Who do I contact if I have questions or if I need help registering?
If you don't have an email address you can register over the phone. Just call Emilie at The Golden Cleat at 917-544-9455 and she will write down all your information and add you to the website. You can also stop by The Golden Cleat at 534 Riverside Drive in Clayton and register in person.
Is there a fee to participate?
Participation in the Clayton Art Walk is completely free for venues and artists. All exhibits and demonstrations are free and open to the public.
What if I am an artist and I also own/operate a venue?
Just let us know and we will list you as an artist and a venue.
I’m an artist. When can I begin contacting venues?
As soon as you have registered.
I own/operate a venue. Can I contact an artist about participating at my location?
Yes, just make sure you register first.
Does Art Walk pair artists and vendors?
No. Artists and vendors must consult the list of registered participants and independently reach out to each other.
Where can I find a list of participating venues?
Go to the Clayton Art Walk homepage and click on venues and you’ll see a complete list which is updated regularly.
I’ve registered but I don’t see my name listed on the website.
Once you register it may take a few days for the web master to manually add your name to the website.
Can I sell my work during the event?
Yes. It is entirely up to the artist and vendor to work out payment terms, for example, whether the gallery charges a commission, who processes payment, etc. Artists and venues are responsible for establishing their own terms prior to the event.